Joan Matthews, Chair
Matthews Law PLLC
4767 New Broad St
Orlando, FL 32814-6405
Law School Liaison Purpose: The Section consists of approximately 2,000 lawyers who practice environmental or land use law in Florida and elsewhere. The ELULS Executive Council established the Law School Liaison Committee for the purpose of providing outreach to the schools around the state and stimulating student interest in the practice of environmental and land use law. The Committee works through ELULS members who serve as liaisons to the schools. The liaisons are available to work with faculty and student groups to serve as guest speakers, to organize and participate in brown bag lunches and career panels, and to work with schools’ environmental law societies to increase membership and plan events.
Goals: To increase the number of law students with an interest in environmental and land use law.
- Participate in career fairs at Florida law schools.
- Sponsor public interest environmental scholarship.
- Provide financial assistance to law school environmental and land use law related programs and activities.
- Provide guest speakers for environment and land use courses.
- Provide assistance/advice if requested on curriculum development.
- Review course offerings in the area of Environmental and Land Use Law and provide comments when requested.
- Provide informal mentoring opportunities to law students.
Visit the Law Schools page.