Robert N. Hartsell, Chair
Robert N. Hartsell, P.A.
61 NE 1st Street, Suite C
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Public Interest Committee Purpose:
- To provide a forum where attorneys who represent and advocate for the interests of the public in a safe and healthy sustainable environment, can meet to share information, educational opportunities, and experience.
- To raise awareness of and sensitivity to environmental concerns among others in the legal profession.
- To encourage increased participation in environmental advocacy in the legal profession.
- Coordinate and communicate among public interest attorneys, whereby the committee can supply a useful resource base to provide practical assistance for environmental advocacy throughout Florida.
- Increase the number and influence of environmental advocates in Florida. Activities/Projects:
- Supply written contributions to the Reporter and the Bar Journal.
- Sponsor an annual seminar or workshop.
- Publish directory of public interest attorneys, annotated with areas of expertise, to be used as a resource base.
- Develop an information network to encourage awareness of and participation in environmental issues by environmental advocates.
- Organize nature outings to increase appreciation and awareness of environmental problems and concerns.
- IN MEMORIAM – Christopher T. Byrd
- ELULS dedicates award to honor one of its own: The Christopher T. Byrd Memorial Public Interest Attorney Award